Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Photo Autobiography

Have you ever tried to create an autobiography? It's difficult!

I love to write. I love to write about myself. I did it all the time in my journals. But goodness! Its harder then you would think. Starting from a beginning and ending at an ending. You don't know where to beginning or where the ending is. Should I start with my parents? Or should I start with my birth? Should I end at some eventful moment in my life? Or should I keep writing it until I've past on? That would be very difficult. :P

In anycase, for my Writing Foundations class I'm writing an Autobiography. Not just any autobiography. But a picture one. SO for every picture you are to have a story and it is about you and who you are. Because I am so used to writing in a Journal, I use that same language in writing something like this. But pictures? that's new. So I went and took some pictures and then found some and put it all together. To tell you the truth I'm rather proud of it.

Or at least the part I have done.

Today I am to have completed 5 stories with 5 pictures. I currently have 5 sections, each with at least 2 pictures and perhaps 2 or so stories in each. I don't know if I did it quite as was expected. But that's what this teacher likes. He likes us taking risks, or discovering things on our own without giving us much direction because he knows that he doesn't know everything and that the student has their own ideas on things. So if I do say so myself, I'm going pretty well.

But what a challenge! I think everyone should try such a thing. Write a brief photo autobiography. It's rather fun and exciting. And you certainly learn a lot. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment