Thursday, November 29, 2012

Personal Progress Project

I know I'm no longer in the Young Women's program for the girls 12-18 years old. In fact, I'm even married now! My married student ward doesn't even have young women; so I don't even have an opportunity to serve with them. While I was in Young Women's, I had completed Personal Progress and earned my medallion.

Here's a video that was even put together by my mother and shown at my YW's Recognition:

In the year before I graduated, the new Young Women's value "Virtue" was added and a little insert was given to include in the Personal Progress booklet. Eventually, they published a new Personal Progress booklet including the new value both in the YW theme and as another thing to complete. They even slightly changed some of the experiences to complete, included True to the Faith as a resource. Even the medallion looked new! They added a red gem to the necklace.


Recently, I've been thinking of ways I could work at becoming a better wife, daughter, and sister. What better way then to complete the Personal Progress program? I mean it's called Personal Progress and that's what I want: personal progression. Obviously, I'd have to make some adjustments because I'm married and not a young woman. But overall, I think it's a great idea. According to the booklet's recommended pacing (completing one experience a month and two projects a year), it'll take about 4 years to complete. I have no idea how long it'll take for me, but I'm excited to try it out. I hope to be able to keep to the recommended pacing or ahead, but life happens.

P.S. There is a label called Personal Progress Project where you can see what I'm doing and follow along if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment