Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Opportunties

I was reading the Ensign Feb. 2011 issue today when I came across the following phrase:

"Learn not to sacrifice hope in order to bury pain."

That really cause me to think.
How often is it that we do not reach and take a chance on an opportunity because we are afraid to fail?

"When you come to the edge of all you know
You must believe in one of two things:
You will be given earth on which to stand
Or you will be given wings."
~Unknown

I know that it is a frequent occurrence in my life, to be fearful of the unknown.
Sometimes I really do not want to take the chance of failure;
Falling can really hurt.
I'm comfortable where I am, thank-you-very-much.

But
Opportunities are marvelous things.
You can find them in every occurrence,
great or small.

Most times you must work to reach those Windows of Opportunities.

Often you can create these opportunities yourself,
through your actions and words and preparation.
You build more open doors;
more possible routes.

Many times there are numerous obstacles.
However, Marsha Sinetar says,
"Think of using all obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want."

Thus, prepare yourself, so when an opportunity comes your way,
you can take advantage of it.

Don't give up hope before you've even started.

No comments:

Post a Comment