Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I'm finally home from school and have several months to relax from school work, though I miss the culture and the people. Though I must say it's been quite fun to spend time with my family and friends and to be creative with all the time I've been blessed with.
Before I even came home, I attended my cousin's wedding! I'm so grateful that my prayers were answered, my schedule cleared up and I was able to find a ride from a dear friend so I could make it. I made it to her baptism and she to mine when we were little. We've grown up together even though we've been in different states. I was certainly going to make it to her wedding. She was and is and always will be awesome.
I arrived home by way of train with my brother and met our family at the station. I'm officially the second shortest person, but not by much. By December I expect to be the shortest.
I watched Captain America with my institute friends.
I've made peanut butter brownies with a friend.
I, of course, have visited the library multiple times and read several books.
My sister and I are planning on how to finish up the room we share. She's spent the summer painting it this warm gold color and now we are working on the details of things.
I've eaten a many a popsicle in the wonderful hot weather of the California Valley.
I've played some frisbee with my siblings in the park.
I've written my missionary friends letters.
For the first time in the year 2011, I've been able to attend my home ward and see everyone that I've missed so much!
This last Monday was the first Family Home Evening with my actually family has had together in all this year. We played Red Light, Green Light, Leap Frog, Hide-and-Seek, and some water games.
It's all just been a bundle of fun with more to come!
This week, my mom, sister and I are having a bunch of girl friends over for a Disney Animation Movie Marathon and I'm so excited for it.
I'm loving being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment