Friday, November 19, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

It is difficult to wake oneself up at 11 pm when you went to bed at 9 and actually fell asleep.

Last night, my mother, littlest brother, and I went to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. I had been debating if I really wanted to see it and if I really wanted to watch it at midnight. But there were several arguments as to why I should go.

I had no school, work, or activities the following day (today) to discourage attending.
It would be an opportunity to just have a moment with my littlest brother as he's a HUGE fan of Harry Potter. Looking at his blog, you can tell.
It was Harry Potter. It's a phenomena in modern culture. If I had missed it what would I tell people? Especially those who are fanatics. They'd be majorly disappointed. Haha.
My mom was paying. Yay!

The end result? I went with my littlest brother and mother. It was a lot of fun! I love to see people who are the true fans all dressed up and somewhat obsessive over the movie.

However, waking up to leave was one of the most tedious things I've done for awhile. How? Well, I had actually fallen asleep. Amazing. But I was. I was also having some pretty interesting dreams/thoughts. I rather enjoyed it. But of course, when my phone alarm vibrated, I looked at the time, turned it off, rolled over, and immediately went back to sleep. To my tired mind there was no real reason as to why I should wake up. No reason at all. Yes I'd miss the movie. But oh well. Sleep is something I love. I woke up again and looked at the clock because I knew there was a very good reason why I should go and I should wake for it. But it was only 3 minutes later. That is NOT enough time to sleep in pass an alarm, so I slept again.

Eventually, I did get out of bed. My little brother was the cutest to get out of bed. I'm pretty sure that he was half asleep all the way to the movie theater. He woke when the chilly air burst upon his face when we stepped out of the car.

At the theater itself as we waited for the movie to start, people began arguing over Twilight vs. Harry Potter. Even the security peoples. It was an interesting debate to hear from the diehard fans.

It was around 3:30 AM by the time we arrived home from a good movie. An hour and a half later my sister began readying for the day. I didn't wake until 11 AM.

What an adventure it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment