Thursday, January 3, 2013

Individual Worth #1

"You are a daughter of Heavenly Father, who knows you and loves you. Read Psalm 8:4-6; Jeremiah 1:5; John 13:34; Doctrine and Covenants 18:10; Abraham 3:22-23; and Joseph Smith-History 1:1-20. Write in your journal how these scriptures teach you that Heavenly Father knows you, loves you, and is mindful of you."
I know that I am a daughter of God. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me. When I look around at the life I have and all the blessings I have within it, it becomes evidence to my eyes that I am loved. The scriptures assigned reinforced that.

When David saw a few of the grand things God made in just looking at the sky, he asks, Why art thou mindful of man? It is a good question to ask in faith. Why is God mindful of me when there are so many great things for Him to pay more attention to? It's because He loves me. He loves who I am. He knew me before I was born (Jeremiah 1:5; Abraham 3:22-23). He knows me now and knows my name, just as He knew Joseph Smith's (Joseph Smith-History 1:1-20). I mean a great deal to Him, as the worth of souls are great in the sight of God (D&C 18:10). He loves me, and everyone else, so much that He wants us to love each other too (John 13:34).

It is a great comfort to me that my Father in Heaven is aware of who I am, loves me, and is mindful of me. I am not ever alone. I will never be unloved. Neither will anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment