Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Past and Future

2012
Such a significant year for me where a lot of really great moments happened.
  • BJ and I officially started dating in January.
  • We both were blessed with wonderful friendships and roommates.
  • BJ proposed April 12 during Spring Break.
  • My soon-to-be-husband met most of my extended family on both my father's and mother's side.
  • I met much of his extended family.
  • August, we were married and sealed for all time and eternity in the Oquirrh Mountain Utah Temple.
  • August, I also saw Les Misérables for the first time at the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar City, Utah.
  • We moved into our first home together August.
  • My brother was able live nearby for a semester as he attended BYU-Idaho.
  • In General Conference, President Thomas S. Monson announced that young women can serve missions at 19 years and young men at 18 years. My brother turned in his mission papers and was called to serve in the Utah Salt Lake City South Mission.
  • BJ and I had our first Thanksgiving together and I cooked my first turkey!
  • I experienced my first snow of the season (I'm a Cali girl. I used to only show up at school after it was also on the ground).
  • BJ and I had our first Christmas together. We had our first Christmas tree. We made homemade ornaments. I cooked my first ham and with a perfect glaze, and created an altogether awesome first Christmas dinner.
  • It was also my first White Christmas ever.
2013
This year, a lot of exciting things are going to occur! I'm so excited for them!
  • My brother reports to the Provo MTC January 1st.
  • The snow will eventually melt and the weather will eventually get warmer.
  • I'll graduate BYU-Idaho.
  • My husband and I will have our first anniversary.
  • My brother-in-law will return from his mission in Southern California.
  • My other brother, serving in the South Carolina Columbia Mission, will return home after two years on the other side of the country.
My husband and I have had a great year. We've gone a total of 5 days the entire year of not seeing each other for the whole day (it helps that he lived right across the parking lot and that Rexburg, ID is rather small). We survived the end of the world together. I have a partner in life aiming for the same goals for our family. I'll have him as my husband for eternity; we won't ever lose each other. We had a really blessed year.

We are looking forward to our first year together as a married couple. We are excited for every day and the gifts each day reveals to us. We are so blessed.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope you make it the best year yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment