Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Daily Random Excitement

Haha!
So today was a Late Start Day for school, a day which my brother calls a "Lame Day". It means that school starts an hour or so later, but ends at the same time as always. It's basically like a minimum day backwards.
Both my sister and brother who experience these day truly dislike them. They like going to school early and ending the school day over. For some reason High School is none of the Walker Kid's forte. College seems to fit to the two of us who have gone though.
Anyways, my siblings still have seminary at 5:55 AM, so the whole "sleeping in" idea of the school system isn't quite going to work out.
But in anycase, when my siblings and a friend came home we made and ate waffles, sang Christmas songs, and watched Stargate SG-1 reruns.
One of the songs we sang was "Mele Kalikimaka", which means Merry Christmas in Hawaiian. Which I had no idea. Until I heard the song on the radio. Then I listend to "Feliz Navidad" because it seemed appropriate. I just then wondered if there was a French, Chinese, etc language Christmas Song for English speakers. haha. We also listened to the Muppets "12 Days of Christmas" and Miss Piggy sings about her 5 GOLD-EN Rings!
After the High School students left for school, my littlest brother emerged from bed and I made him a waffle and we watched Charlie Brown's Christmas, which my littlest brother has never seen. I decided by that point that I wished for an egg. A fried egg. But I did not want to get out clean dishes only for a few eggs. So I cracked a couple of eggs and threw them into the waffle iron.
:D
It was pretty great. It broke the yoke on one of the eggs, but the other was kept whole. What was great was that it puffed up just like an actual waffle! It was the most exciting little cooking experiment I've had for awhile!
So I entirely and strongly recommend that when making waffles that you make your scrambled or fried eggs in the waffle iron as well! Wish I had taken a picture.
Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment