Thursday, December 9, 2010

Mini Accomplishments

Today I am spending time watching Stargate SG-1 reruns, working with stocks, and making myself homemade postcards of sorts.
Hulu.com is having a . . . marathon of sorts for the Stargate SG-1 Television show. Each of the episodes of the 10 seasons are online right now. I'm currently on Season 4 Episode 7. lol.
Anyways, so I'm also working on my Dad's stocks. I'm currently learning a lot from the experience. Though I've "recently" read an article discussing that my generation/age group are probably not going to get as involved into the Stock Market as the pervious generation. That we are more likely to act like our grandparents who experienced the Great Depression and become more cautious with our finances. I found a simular article as I couldn't find the one I actually read. This article is entitled "Recession Can Change a Way of Life" by Tyler Cowen, published in The New York Times.
So as I am working on the stocks and watching the TV shows, I am also making my homemade postcards. Perhaps the word "postcard" would be the wrong choice, but I'm not sure what else to call it. But in anycase, I'm making some cards, hopefully a large collection of them, for me to take with me to Idaho. This way it will be easier for me to just pull out a card, write on it, and send it on its way with the envelopes I've had since my High School Graduation announcements. So I'm using old envelopes, scrapbook paper, and cardstock. It's rather satisfying. I'm going to be able to use them to easily send on to my friends who are on their missions. I'm also going to get my mother to take a family picture of our family, so that if I wished to I could print out the photos and glue them onto the opposite side of the written side of the homemade postcard.
Confused yet? Yes, me too.
But life today has been enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment