Thursday, December 30, 2010

That Time of Year Once More

Ahhh!!!

It's that time of year again for me to start packing and begin my trip to Idaho!
I'm almost as nervous as I was a year ago, though I am lucky in the fact that I actually know more people up there and I have an idea of what to expect.
But last year, my mother and father drove me up along with my cousin Jeffy. We left December 31st and arrived January 1st, spending the moment of the New Year's in a little town in Nevada. That was my first and only time eating cow's tongue. I'm sure that means something for the past Year of 2010. Though, even with the year ending I have no idea what that could be. Perhaps having many new experiences and enjoying them? Honestly, no clue.
I just finished my last day of work at Build-A-Bear and I'm rather sad to see the job done, at least for another half of a year. I love working there: the kids, the boy/girlfriends, the parents, the spouses, the aunts, the uncles, the cousins, the grandparents. I've been able to help people who visit the hospital often and receive a stuffed animal from Build-A-Bear so they can hold it tight every time they are in pain. Build-A-Bear is just a nice place to be. Today, my mother decided she was going to visit me and take pictures because my parents have no pictures of me doing my thing: the Heart Ceremony and such. So when I get those pictures I'll put them on here. My mother says I'm really cute. So does my dad. haha. I think they enjoy seeing my act like a kid as I rub the little heart on my nose so the bear's silly.
With my Barnes & Nobles gift card I went out and bought a few books for my trip up to Idaho. It has been extremely tempting to read them beforehand. But then I'd have nothing to read for the trip. And as I am taking a train that wouldn't be very pleasant as there would just be a lot of extra time on my hands. Though, from past experience, the view out the window is going to be gorgeous; this time covered in snow! One of the books I've bought myself is entitled Philosophy on the Go by Joey Green. It looks rather good (elsewise I wouldn't have bought it). Frankly, I'm excited by the whole thing! Reading the introduction in and of itself makes me want to open it up and read it (look on Google Books to read the Intro). And tomorrow I think I shall begin reading it, even though I'm leaving later than that... Because, well, it is Philosophy! Aren't I supposed to take the time to think upon the matters?
Yup. It is absolutely amazing at how fast time can fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment