Monday, January 3, 2011

Arrived!

REXBURG!

I'm here again after quite a trip!

I boarded a Train in Sacramento, CA after my family dropped me off, saying their goodbyes, and continuing up to Oregon.
I had ridden a train once before. It's a lot of fun! But it is also VERY long. Very. I boarded at 11 am on Saturday, and was dropped off at 4:15 am Sunday.
Anyhow, it just so happens that I found a friend from my home stake at the train station and discovered that we were traveling together! She was on her way to BYU-Provo and I on my way to BYU-Idaho. But it was crazy because we hadn't seen each other for awhile. Loved it though!
When I arrived in Utah my wonderful and amazing friends picked me up at 4:15 in the freezing morning. What's sad about the entire thing is the fact that the train was supposed to arrive at 3 am. Not 4:15. So my awe-inspiring friends waited for at least an hour in the freezing weather for me. We arrived back at their house at 6 or so in the morning. I felt pretty lucky to have such friends.
I then spend the next 24 hours and then some with them and my friend drove me to Salt Lake so I could catch the shuttle up to Rexburg at 1 pm.
I arrived in Rexburg this evening at 6 pm. It was dark, cold, and freezing.
But I have another fantastical friend who helped me carry my stuff to where I live now and after a bit of knocking on doors and checking in I was home! New home. Love it.
My roommates are pretty awesome. It looks like we'll have movies galore. Friendship. Fun. and a Fantastical time.

No comments:

Post a Comment