Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Alma 6

"The children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls who knew not God" (6).

I take two parts from this. We are to meet together often and we are to fasting and pray for those who do not know God. We are told to go to church every Sunday. I've done it most every Sunday since I was born. Weither we are in the middle of Nevada, weither we are camping or if I'm in Switzerland. I go to church every Sunday. If I don't, I feel like I've missed out. My week is incomplete. It's not as great as it could be. We meet for 3 hours. We strengthen each others' testimony. We learn, we grow, we recommit.

We are also to love our neighbors as ourselves. We need to remember to pray for them, and even fast. They are powerful things. It's not just our neighbors who are not members we should pray for, but each other. We know God, and are trying to know more about Him.

When we pray and fast for others, we have our thoughts turned to them and we can gain inspiration on what we can do to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment