Friday, April 6, 2012

Winter... It's Still Here

It's the last day of finals for the Winter Semester. Well, for me. And one thing everyone should be aware of is that Rexburg, ID is absolutely fickle. Or, when using a Thesaurus: capricious, changeable, variable, volatile, mercurial; inconstant, undependable, unsteady, unfaithful, faithless, flighty, giddy, skittish. That's what Rexburg's weather is like.

This entire winter has been extremely mild. It's been pretty fantastic. I'm not aware of any instances when I was out in negative degree weather. First time that's happened in any winter semester I've ever been at here in Rexburg. For the first month, I was just dreading the day when it would snow, and snow, and snow and stay until May. But it never happened. It would snow. Then melt. The wind would come, but only for a day or two and only when it wasn't snowing. It was a blessing.

I've been taking my last few finals. This semester I've had FIVE. But when I think about how I had SEVEN classes, five isn't so bad. When I was taking a few of my finals yesterday, the wonderful real spring weather was making it really hard to concentrate on studying and taking tests. It was soo nice. It felt like May here. Beautiful. Today, I wake up to go take a final that began at 7 AM. I opened the door, and immediately closed it in horror. There was snow. The snow was on the ground and coming from the sky. The wind is also really enjoying playing with the snow and moving it about in a variety of directions that is not down. I'm not exactly sure when it's going to stop.

I'm thinking Rexburg just wants to remind us that it's still winter semester for a day or two more. It's annoying. I've already had my heart set on spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment