Sunday, April 22, 2012

Helaman 10

At the beginning of Helaman 10, Nephi ponders upon the things the Lord had shown unto him.

Richard G. Scott said in the last General Conference:
"When I am faced with a very difficult matter, this is how I try to understand what to do. I fast. I pray to find and understand scriptures that will be helpful. That process is cyclical. I start reading a passage of scripture; I ponder what the verse means and pray for inspiration. I then ponder and pray to know if I have captured all the Lord wants me to do. Often more impressions come with increased understanding of doctrine. I have found that pattern to be a good way to learn from the scriptures" ("How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration for Your Personal Life").

Robert D. Hales said:
"More than just thinking about the facts of the Savior’s suffering and death, our pondering helps us to recognize that through the Savior’s sacrifice, we have the hope, opportunity, and strength to make real, heartfelt changes in our lives" ("Coming to Ourselves: The Sacrament, the Temple, and Sacrifice in Service").
Richard G. Scott also said: “Find a retreat of peace and quiet where periodically you can ponder and let the Lord establish the direction of your life” ("First Things First").

We have to make the time to ponder about life, to seek guidance, to listen to inspiration. Sometimes we always have music playing, or the TV on, try unplugging for 2 hours. Do your chores without listening to music. Inspiration may come as you think about life.

No comments:

Post a Comment