Monday, March 28, 2011

Derby Racing

FHE today was pretty fantastical. Though, I must admit it normally is. However, today is our second to last day of FHE together. It's a sad realization. We've had some great times. Today we raced our Pinewood Derby Car that we made.
We had begun making it last week. Though none of us knew how to make one. See, even though the guys had made one in cub scouts, well, apparently their fathers made it, so they didn't really know how. And we girls had never made one in our lives.
Miraculously though we made one.
And it turned out fabulously:

We ended up coming in 6th out of 12 different cars. We also ended up winning the "Heaviest Lifter" award. Which wasn't quite what we were aiming for (1st, 2nd, 3rd, slowest, OR most likely to be found in a movie). But oh well. It was a lot of fun. To make and to experience.
I love my FHE family and I'm going to be sad when the semester is over and people leave, go home, move, graduate or are in some way no longer in my FHE group. But I'd like to think that they've become some of my really close friends. And I'm grateful for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment