Saturday, September 24, 2011

Brunnen, Switzerland

Today I took a trip with my cousin and her kids to Brunnen, Switzerland. It's a really great place. Really gorgeous. I love it.
Brunnen, Switzerland is on Lake Luzern (or Lucerne in English). The north-western part of the lake is where the city Luzern is. That's where I went to after my adventures on the train and again when I saw the Glacier Gardens.

The city Brunnen is certainly a place for tourists, but that's totally understandable as it's breathtaking there. It's also in the heart of "William Tell Country". I recommend you search William Tell on Wikipedia as it's a fascinating story. I saw one building with a mural depicting his adventures and why he's so celebrated. I've also learned that Brunnen is one of the original cities in Switzerland. The Swiss Confederation has been said to be on August 1, 1291. That day is like America's 4th of July. Brunnen is a very crowded place on this holiday as it's also near where the original charter was signed so they have huge fireworks shot from land to explode over the lake. What a sight that must be!
But since I wasn't here on the 1st of August, I've taken pictures of the beautiful scenery with the mountains, lake and city.

















Side note: People have very nice cars here. It's amazing. I don't even know what kind of cars they are, but you look at them and you just think, That's expensive. and that one's expensive. and, oh! That one too! I plan on taking more pictures of all the expensive cars I see. They are literally every other car on the road and every other parked car. It's just ridiculous. Especially since they're more expensive here than in the States.


This chapel was built in 1633. That's several centuries ago. Just in case you can't do the math. It's a really tiny chapel. But really pretty. At one point in it's history it became a restaurant because a bigger building was built nearby. But in the 90's they restored it. It's still being used.


This is a drinking fountain. Without the button. It just goes constantly. It's really nice. You can just get yourself a drink by bending over and catching it as it falls. You can wash your hands in the water that's sorta standing water (but not really as it flows down another pipe). But they are very convient and everywhere. I love them. A lot. Plus, they are generally very nice fountains.

That's all for today. Not many words, but lots of pictures. I'm so very grateful I didn't forget my camera. This trip could've been torture without one. My brain could not keep every image of all I am seeing. At least with a camera I can capture a few to remember the rest.

2 comments:

  1. "just in case you can't do the math"

    oh please, I can do plenty math, no need to be worried about me.

    I'll show you:
    2011 - 1633 = 286

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You're wrong! It's 378. Oh wait... you probably knew that.... Well, thanks for trying to make me feel smart.

    ReplyDelete