Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Alma 26

As you know, I have a brother serving a mission in South Carolina and I keep his blog updated for friends, family and strangers. Alma 26 is all about the joy missionaries can have of being "instruments in his hands of doing this great and marvelous work" (15). Of course, there are missions that are hard. But the missionaries should keep their spirits up. If they only introduce the gospel to one single individual, you never know what could come from that. How much good can come. They have still been an instrument in teaching the gospel by example if not words.

In this particular chapter, I have one favorite verse:
"And now, I ask, what great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can ye tell?"(2).
I don't think this is a question only for missionaries, but rather for everyone. What great blessings has he bestowed upon us? Can we tell?

In my own personal life, I've noticed many blessings. The simple fact of my getting my homework done is a miracle every time it happens. I look at the pile before me and I just don't think I can get everything done. It's not that I procrastinate. I don't really. There's just so much to get done every day when I'm taking 18 credits. But I get started on it. I just start moving and working on it. Before I know it, I'm done. Not only am I done, but occasionally I'll have a tender mercy of a break in my homework. Not only that, but I have earned good grades. It's a total miracle to me. There is seriously no possibly way I could have accomplished it myself. The Holy Ghost and it's power to be able to help me remember and recall things is a fantastic study companion. This may not seem so amazing to you. But I know that I'm not doing it all myself. I have help. To me, this is a greatly appreciated blessing.

There are so many other blessings in my life that I cannot name them all. It would take hours and days and create a really long blogpost. So long, I wonder if blogger has a max for how many characters a post can hold. But begin to notice the blessings in your life. Can you see them? Do you know what they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment