Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Life: The Continuing Performance

Late at night, before going to bed, is the time in which I think of some very strange, enlightened, and hopefully clever and thoughtful things. It was at that time last night in which I came up with this phrase:

Life is a great show with tears of laughter and happiness as well as sorrow and disappointment, but it's most rewarding when your a part of it.

What do I mean by that? Well sometimes it seems to me that I am more of an observer of life rather than an actual participant. Much like the character Nick in the book The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. An observer and commenter on the life of excitement and drama around me. That's what I frequently feel like.

I'm sure many feel that way. Although, I do have to say that I there are times in which I see the excitement in my own life. I just wish that more often the excitement would include others. Though I suppose that is my own fault. :P But yet, even when there is a time when I'm with a large group of people, I become Nick from The Great Gatsby. Seriously.

But I think that I'm pretty good at the whole observation and understanding thing. Sometimes I wish I could just be a commentary on Life. Not just my life, although, that would obviously have to be addressed, but others. A "Live Feed" if you will. That's what I think what I use my Journal for. As well as thoughts and theories and such.

What a show that would be. "Life: The Continuing Performance"

I think every day would be a little more interesting if, while your working or driving etc, you think, "While waiting at the stop light for the light to change, I looked around me at the other drivers and noticed how they tapped their hands to music and prepared for the day tying ties, playing with hair, putting on makeup." I mean, there is just so much things we could probably comment on in our lives. But the important thing is to comment positively, and to gain wisdom from your own experience and others. Must be careful when commentating. Thoughts Lead to Actions. Thinking positively can give you the best attitude in Life, and when thinking negatively, well, things can go wrong.

But what a show to see and experience. Different for every person. Different scenes, different characters, different commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment