Thursday, November 12, 2009

Variety

I'm sure you know what the definition of a Talent is.

It's a natural aptitude or skill.

Now, what is Variety?

The quality or state of being different or diverse; the absence of uniformity, sameness, or monotony.

Talent Show vs. Variety Show.

Love both. But I just have to say, I like Variety Shows so much better.

I want to have talents for my own list of variety.

Optional Talents:

Cook
Dancer
Juggler
Singer
Writer
Mechanic
Electrician
Painter
Sculptor
Marksman
Carpenter
Gardener
Musician
Singer
Flexibility
Wise
Witty
Smart
Acting

etc...

So let's see. What kind of talents do I have that I can work on, develop, or create? What of you?

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.

Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty."
~Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Happiness, Your Heritage,” Ensign, Nov 2008, 117–20

Creating something is special. I think that's what talents are mostly about. Creating things. There are so many things to create. And just the option of creating something can become a talent. And so many different varieties.

Bracelets and Necklaces.
Story.
Decoration for a house to make it a home.
Food.
etc.

I mean. There is just so many options to create.

So go out there. and Create.

Someday. I'll take a picture of something I've created. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment