Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Unexpected Thought Provoking Moment

There is just something that I truly have not expected or thought about much and took me by much surprise today.

I'm on my Facebook, just catching up with what people from my graduation class are currently up to. I've learned several things. First, I have really smart classmates who are going to places such as Princeton, Carnegie Mellon, and just so many other places that it just amazes me. Well, I look at this one guy's. He's a great person and always fun to see and talk to. Or even listen to his conversations. He loves Theater. Well, he has changed his whole "relationship status" from "single" to "engaged" and I was surprised and amazed. I never really knew him all that well. But I knew of him. and as I have said before, he's just a great guy.

So I figured out that he's not really engaged. I think. But all the same it was a shock to even consider. I can see girls my age getting engaged. It wouldn't surprise me hearing of a classmate getting engaged. But a guy? that was so very strange. Just because I assume both would be young. Still in college, first year, first semester in fact. And engaged? Just so strange.

I've never considered that angle before. Ever. In fact, I don't think I've ever heard of or met a guy who's barely 18 years, and is in his first semester of college, getting engaged. Ever.

What an interesting story that would be. It would go something like this:

Boy meets the uncertainty of college, of hope and dreams of his passion of career, trying to figure out the meaning of life of what he is to do, but he is so very set on Theater and that world which opens up worlds that are only in imagination. Trying to discover himself in the process of acting as characters with a plot and purpose.
Then, he comes across a girl. And the world shifts.
It's happened before. Every girl he meets makes the floor move under his feet. He changes a bit from every encounter. But this was a bit different. But he couldn't quite pin-point it out.
He and she cross paths throughout the day as they are going to separate classes. Which is unusual in and of itself, it being such a large school with so many classes at so many different times. Then, while in a little town's coffee shop on the corner where one can access the internet, listen to music, drink coffee, and see and be seen, they truly meet. And talk. and talk. And something magical occurs.

Wouldn't that be interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment