Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mall: Shopping, Selling, Stuffing

So a certain one of my brothers dislikes shopping. Although, shopping for food is ok.

But today he was planning to go shopping for clothes, aka pants, at the mall.

My Brother.

Shopping.

For Clothes.

At the Mall.

The previous bits of sentences have never been seen in one sentence before today. It is a one time occurrence. World Record.
Amazing.

Anyways, I didn't say anything, because if I did, he'd probably not go anymore.

I really wanted to go with him. I mean, it would be a fun! A Brother-Sister thing. Shopping. I could help him. I know where things are located. I like shopping. As long as I actually have the money to spend. But spending my brother's money? That's different. :P

So he's basically walking out the door. And he asks if anyone wants to go with him.

I stare at him in shock and hope. But I don't dare say anything, because what if he didn't mean it. Or what if I was too excited or something? Then he might not want me to go. So I just stare.

My mom sees me. And tells him I would like to go.

"You want to go?" by dear brother asks me.

"Yes."

"Shopping?"

"Yes."

"With me? To pick out CLOTHES?"

"Yes."

"Are you going to buy anything?"

"No."

"Uhh. You aren't?"

"No."

"You want to come?"

"Yes." (Frantic head bobbing)

"Umm. ok. Whatever." aka. You're strange, but you can come.

So we are at the mall. JC Penny to be exact, looking for Cargo pants. Those are hard to find. jeans and nice dress pants sure, but cargo? difficult. We could only find one rack and that didn't work out so we were leaving that store when I come across my mother.

"Umm. Mom? Hi. What are you doing here?"

"Alex! I'm so glad I found u guys!" my mom says. Surprised to see us. She was looking for us in a crazy hectic mall with people everywhere and she had no idea where we were at.

"Alex. Build-A-Bear just called and they want you to come in right now."

Background. I now work at Build-A-Bear. It's great. I love it. and its perfect for me. Storytelling and all. And Stuffed Animals. Love that part. It's my first job. I love it. Plus, it's money being saved for college use before I actually start in January.

Anyways, so the Build-A-Bear is located at the mall. Which I was in. Shopping with my brother.

So on my way out to the truck to drive home and change into uniform and come back I stopped by. The manager was soooo very glad to see me. So I told her that I was coming. But I just needed to pop home, change, and come back. So I'm coming, but I just have to change. I saw how they needed help. I mean, there were lines everywhere! To stuff a bear and also at the register. It was insane.

So I came back. Dressed up. And I had a good time. I wasn't on the register because I'm really new to my job, but I was stuffing bears. It was great. I love it. Stuffing for kids. Stuffing for the adults for their children for Christmas or for their birthdays. Or stuffing for their sisters or boyfriends. Even some guys for their girlfriends. It's just great. It's a giving place. Stuffed animals just mean something special. Rather then clothes and such. But stuffed animals. They touch at the heart. I Adore it.

Adore hearing their stories. Of their lives. Who it is for. What they wish to name it. The silly heart ceremony that just touches your own heart when you see children acting adorable. Or hearing it's for their father before he goes back to the military. Or for his children. It's just sweet. I love it.

:D

So it's been a great day.

(Plus my brother bought some pants!!)

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious! I love it! That's so awesome that you love your job and it's fun too!!!

    ReplyDelete