Monday, October 17, 2011

Last Day with my Brother, Elder Walker

Today's the last day I'm spending with my brother for two years!! It's sad. Though exciting. He'll be serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Columbia South Carolina Mission.

He's pretty much assigned me (read: I commandeered) to be the official record and memory keeper for him. To help fully accomplish such a task I've set up a blog for him entitled Elder Walker. I'm feeling especially clever over the fact that I can also use this blog for my other brother when he leaves on his mission. Their missions will probably be overlapping for a few months. It'll end up being a combined blog for the both of them. Eventually. We have a year and a half before I'll worry myself too much about that.

But it's exciting.

I can't believe he'll be leaving soon. The day he reports into the MTC is also the day he turns 19 years old. Apparently they really wanted him as soon as possible. What's even more exciting is that at the moment he and his cousins Elder Bean and Elder Laughlin will all be in the Provo MTC at the same time. He'll also be arriving and reporting to the MTC with another friend, Elder Fischer. I'm hoping they each really enjoy it.

Meanwhile, I'm getting all my cards ready to mail him. Along with all the other missionaries I've been neglecting since I've been in Switzerland. If anyone wishes to write a missionary, I just so happen to have quite the collection of addresses for you to choose from. They'd probably all love to hear from you. We'll probably also be helping the post office stay in business. My family, however, says I do that all by myself.  Seriously though, if you want some sort of FHE activity or mutual activity or something, contact me for addresses! I have numerous amounts of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment