Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Last Full Swiss Day

I'm in the midst of packing at the moment and I'm debating whether to pack my backpack into my suitcase or take it with me. Mostly because of the accessibility of my laptop.
My choices:
1. Bring my backpack so I can have my laptop with me while I wait in the airport and hope they have free wifi. Plus, I can use it to work more on a photo album of sorts about my Swiss trip. But possibly not have enough room to put the pack under the seat in front of me on the plane and not have any interest in doing it because I'd rather read. Plus, I'd have to bring my cord and adapter because my computer likes to die an early death. Then I have to hope to have a plug near where I'd like to sit.
2. Not bring my backpack. Then I don't have to add any extra worries and I can just write in my journal and read books. Except then I worry that my suitcase will weigh too much. And I may possibly become bored.
It's an intense debate within my head. So I'm taking a break.

Today really was my last full day in Switzerland. It's kind've depressing. I'll definitely have to come back someday. Especially since I have family here.

On the way back from Zurich, we stopped by ruins of a castle. It's called Burgruine. "Burg" means a castle fort. "Ruine" means... well, ruin. German is a very direct language. But here are some photos:











Gorgeous right?
Interesting fact. Do you remember the other castle I visited? Château de Chillon? Well, the castle I took pictures of today is actually only 30 years younger than the one I visited just a bit ago. Yet it is in much further disrepair. I found that fascinating.

Well, this has been a wonderful time in Switzerland. It truly has been. I'm going to miss it. Surprisingly, it's actually felt pretty normal being here. I think what's going to be odd is actually coming back home to California. You expect a foreign country to be different. But you don't really expect your own home and culture to be. Though, I'm thinking I'll shocked by the fact that I can suddenly eavesdrop on random conversations of people nearby because I can actually understand what they are saying. Then again. I am going to California where Spanish is prominent. So maybe not.

Random FYI: I still don't know what I'm going to do about my backpack...

No comments:

Post a Comment