Sunday, November 6, 2011

Friendship Basket Investment

I've decided I want to invest in a basket. I want something like a picnic basket or an Easter basket. I'm sure that they actually have official names. But I'm going to call the two different types of baskets picnic or Easter baskets. However, I'd like to have more of a combination of baskets.


Picnic Basket
In my head a picnic basket looks like the picture on the right. Meaning it's deep. It has two handles. It has two lids. Simple.

Though I'd like something more like the Easter basket. Easter baskets are a bit more open and round. Yet, it's not very deep. Usually. I think.

I've wavering between having a basket with a cover or not. If the picnic basket was a bit more round... well. I'd probably choose that kind of basket.

Though you are probably now wondering why I am even considering in investing in a baket of any sort. I've decided I want a basket so I can entitle it my "Friendship Basket." There are a number of things I would do with such a basket.

First, it would have a pretty little cloth in it. Girly-ish of course. Both to cover the bottom as well as to cover the contents of the basket itself. As its contents it would have a copy of The Book of Mormon. Then I could pass it out when I felt like it. I'd have my own copy of the scriptures in there. I'd also have the most recent General Conference issue of the Ensign. Of course, I'd also have the most recent Ensign issue. I'd also like to have a few pens. And a few blank 4x6 index cards, cause then I could use them as cards for whatever purpose. It could also hold cookies, or little loafs of breads, or some other little treat that I could give to others.

Easter Basket
I'd use this basket for when I would go out to visit people, whether people I don't know well just yet or people who I am already fast friends with. Meaning, I'd definitely use it for visiting teaching. And for visiting my own visiting teachers. and my friends. and people I want to get to know. and people who are feeling down. or sick.

When I consider who I want to use this basket for, then came my thoughts of what I could contant in it. Because what is better to give a person and share your love for that person than an expression of said love with some sort of baked good, a note, and some spiritual nourishment! As well as whatever help I could do at the moment I stop by besides a smile.

Which is why I'd call the basket my Friendship Basket. and why I'm considering investing in one. Sadly, not until I get back up to school, because transporting such a basket would be a bit of a hassel. So I have a few more months to consider such an investment. Though I think it'll be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment