Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time for Registering!

Wow. It's already time to sign up for my next semester. That's just a bit crazy to me. It was July only a few months ago! And now, it's the week before Thanksgiving and practically a month before Christmas. Then the week after that it's time for me to return to Rexburg, ID and freeze to death.

What Rexburg, ID practically looks like in January
I love Rexburg, don't get me wrong. I really do love the town. It's just the snow that is a little crazy. Oh, and the wind. I'm a Cali girl! Cold means it's 60º outside! Though once I'm there for a month and a half, I start thinking that 34º means it's warm... but that's a whole other issue.

But I'm excited to return. I get to learn some new things. I get to be productive every day (hopefully). I am able to see friends whenever I'd like to (when I'm not crazy busy with homework). I even get to be a Junior this time around. That's the oddest thing. To realize that I'm a Junior. It represents that I've been at school for the past two years. That I graduated high school 2 1/2 years ago. It's odd to look back on my younger self and realize how much I've changed and grown in those years. It makes me so grateful that I have grown, but it's just surprising at how much fast the years are passing me by.

I remember when I was in grade school that every year was so very long. From Christmas to Christmas or birthday to birthday. It was forever. Now? It feels like we just had Christmas. Not that I'm complaining. I absolutely love Christmas. However, they do seem to come more frequently than before. Maybe it's because when I was 8 years old, a year was 1/8 of my life. That's quite significant. Now it's only 1/20 of my life. I expect that Christmas will seem to come closer and closer together as life goes on.

In the next two years, I'll (hopefully) be graduated. My one brother will have returned from his mission to South Carolina and the other will have been out for at least a few months. I plan on using this blog for the both of them. I'm so clever. My sister will be a Senior in high school (that's a scary thought...). And my youngest brother will be in the midst of 8th grade. That's not too bad. Scary. But it wouldn't be high school.

Time. Goes by fast, and slow. and everything in between. "Time is relative." It's true. Albert Einsein was a pretty smart man. Time is time. It's hard to really pin it down. and it's always changing. It never stays constant.

I love it. I've got a lot to look forward to in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment