Monday, November 28, 2011

Preparing for the Christmas Season

It's the Christmas Season. It really is. I see decorations up. I hear Christmas music on the radio. I've come across Christmas movies on TV. I see people helping each other out. The weather's getting brisk. It's truly the Christmas Season.

There are several things we do to prepare for Christmas. We set up our decorations both inside and outside. We look for gifts for our friends and family. We may go around and sing carols to your friends and neighbors, delivering a little gift as you go. Perhaps you have a Christmas Advent calendar. Maybe you begin reading all your Christmas books and stories. Possibly you read Luke 2. We may sing and hum about Santa and his reindeer or about how beautiful the first Christmas was. You might go to a soup kitchen and serve a meal. Or maybe go to a nursing home and sing carols. Sometimes you may have a huge meal with family and friends. There's a great many things we do to prepare for Christmas.

As for me, I've been searching our bookshelves for Christmas books. I found the perfect book Silent Night, Holy Night as narrated by Walter Cronkite and illustrated by Robert T. Barrett. It had a CD in the back and I began to listen. It's wonderful.

I looked all over the internet for the same so you could listen, and maybe watch it, legally. I found it on YouTube of course. It comes in two parts. It's a perfect way to get into the right frame of mind this Christmas Season. I hope you also find it worthwhile. Happy Christmas Season everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment