Monday, May 21, 2012

3 Nephi 23


For the past 6 months I've been reading a chapter a day from the Book of Mormon. I read it. Then I mark it up. Then I figure out what really stood out to me that I wish to share. Then I share it here on my blog. One a day. It causes me to be really studious. It causes me to really search the scriptures. It causes me to study. It causes me to ponder. It causes me to look up words of our prophets and apostles and other church leaders. It causes me to be more obedient. It causes me to be more aware of God's hand in my life.  There are so many blessing from being obedient to Jesus Christ's commandment:
"And now, behold, I say unto you, that ye ought to search these things. Yea, a commandment I give unto you that ye search these things diligently; for great are the words of Isaiah. 
"And whosoever will hearken unto my words and repenteth and is baptized, the same shall be saved. Search the prophets, for many there be that testify of these things" (1, 5).

The Book of Mormon Student Manual reads:
The Lord commands His Saints to search the scriptures rather than merely read them. When people search the scriptures they carefully examine them in an effort to discover something, or they explore thoroughly by serious inquiry and inspection. Searching the scriptures also indicates that we meditate (see Joshua 1:8), study (see 2 Timothy 3:15D&C 26:1), heed (see 1 Nephi 15:25), and ponder (see 2 Nephi 4:15). In addition to the scriptures, the Savior commanded us to search the words of the prophets (see 3 Nephi 23:5).
Read the scriptures. Study them. Search them. Ponder them. Heed them.

It'll bless your life in ways you can't even fully imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment