Wednesday, May 2, 2012

3 Nephi 4

What if your life was a musical? We'd all be very talented at singing. But could you imagine how fun that'd be? Well, the righteous people all gathered together and fought for their lives and freedoms against the Gadianton robbers. They were able to succeed even though they were outnumbered because of God. The scriptures then say:

"And it came to pass that they did break forth, all as one, in singing, and praising their God for the great thing which he had done for them, in preserving them from falling into the hands of their enemies.
"Yea, they did cry: Hosanna to the Most High God. And they did cry: Blessed be the name of the Lord God Almighty, the Most High God" (3 Nephi 4:31-32).

We, too, have songs that we sing to praise God and remember him. The hymn book is just for that reason. There's so many others outside of that as well. But one that I found really touching is:



The Lord is my Light
James Nicholson

The Lord is my light; then why should I fear?
By day and by night his presence is near.
He is my salvation for sorrow and sin;
This blessed assurance the Spirit doth bring.

Chorus:

The Lord is my light;
He is my joy and my song.
By day and by night
He leads, he leads me along.


The Lord is my light; tho clouds my arise,
Faith, stronger than sight, looks up thru the skies
Where Jesus forever in glory doth reign.
Then how can I ever in darkness remain?

Chorus

The Lord is my light; the Lord is my strength.
I know in his might I'll conquer at length.
My weakness in mercy he covers with pow'r,
And, walking by faith, I am blest every hour.

Chorus

The Lord is my light; my all and in all.
There is in his sight no darkness at all.
He is my Redeemer, my Savior, and King.
With Saints and with angels his praises I'll sing.

Chorus

Can you see how I like it for this chapter? For the first 4 chapters of 3 Nephi so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment