Thursday, May 10, 2012

Girl went home, but technology is a wonderful blessing

I was back home in California. I'd go to a movie with my institute friends and I'd talk about BJ so much that a few of my friends thought I was a tad ridiculous. BJ and I would chat on Facebook all the time. These really long messages when we weren't online at the same time or we'd be typing away if we were both online. My sister would ask me to do something with her and I'd say, "Just a minute." A minute, 30, then an hour or two would go by, then I could go with her. Or I'd keep her up talking about him.


Me in Switzerland
Then I went to Switzerland to help my cousin with her kids as she participated in the play Oliver! It was a fabulous and wonderful experience. Gorgeous country. However, not only was I now in another state in a different time zone, I was in a different country with such a different time zone that we were only online at the same time in the morning and at night. We learned a lot about each other at this time. Before we had known each other as friends. We then started going on dates, but then I left before it went anywhere. Now, the only thing we could do is talk to each other all the time. It was so great. But I honestly thought he was still going to date others. Apparently, he wasn't interested in dating anyone else. Lucky me. He told me he loved me while I was there. Kind've freaked me out to be honest. I still thought I wasn't going to be seeing him until that next April. It was September/October. Even next seeing him in January was a long time. A lot can happen. In college, a week feels like a month. A lot happens in just a week. But multiply it by months? That's a long long time. I arrived back in America so excited by all I had experienced and all that had happened.

I continued talking to him. I refused to become "official" because we had only gone on a few dates. I hadn't seen him for awhile. and I wasn't going to be seeing him for awhile still. Well, he then asked if he could come out for Thanksgiving. I realized that it was going to be his first Thanksgiving home since his mission, so I didn't think that was a good plan because he should be with his family. It worked out that he'd come out before Thanksgiving and that he'd return home just before.

So he came out for Thanksgiving.

Previously: "Once upon a time, a girl met a boy"
Next: "Together, for a time"

No comments:

Post a Comment