Friday, May 25, 2012

3 Nephi 27

There's a lot I could talk about in this chapter, luckily there have been recent General Conference talks speaking on them.

After Christ visited the Americas, the people wondered what their church should be named. They came to be known as The Church of Christ (26:21; 27:3-11). Today, the church is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was named by Jesus Christ himself (D&C 115:4). There is a reason for that explained in Elder M. Russell Ballard's talk "The Importance of a Name."


Then Christ said to the people: "Therefore, what manner of men ought ye to be? Verily I say unto you, even as I am" (27). President Thomas S. Monson gave a talk entitled "To Learn, to Do, to Be" and it he he spoke of learning what we should learn, doing what we should do, and being what we should be.

But what most touched me during this reading was:
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, this is my gospel; and ye know the things that ye must do in my church; for the works which ye have seen me do that shall ye also do; for that which ye have seen me do even that shall ye do" (21).
Sometimes I worry over what exactly it is that I should be doing. I worry over doing all that I should be. But it's hard to have a list of all the things I should be doing, because it's really hard for me to remember. This scripture brought me comfort. I do know what I should be doing. I should put more faith in God and pay more attention to the Holy Ghost, and if I have a willing heart and am quickly obedient, then I will be doing what needs doing, and at the right moment. I will find that I have more than enough time to do all these things. I will find that I won't forget the things I should be doing. If I do what Christ has been doing, listening and being obedient to Heavenly Father, then I will do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment