Sunday, May 13, 2012

Boy and Girl enjoyed the beauty of spring break

BJ and I at the steps of the Salt Lake Temple
BJ and I left pretty late on the very last day of the semester. We arrived rather early in the morning. His family was kind enough to have a spare bedroom for me to stay in. The next day was Sunday, so we all went to church. It also happened to be Easter Sunday. It was awesome. I know I use that word a lot, but it really was. It was great. That night was dinner with the family. It was really great to have family around. It was interesting meeting up with them again as BJ and I were much more serious than we were at the beginning of the Winter Semester.

The next day we explored the new City Creek mall in Salt Lake City as I needed to go shopping anyways for clothes. BJ was kind enough to be dragged along and enjoyed it. One funny moment that reminded me a lot of what my dad would do: We were walking around the mall. We looked up at the ceiling or lack thereof, then BJ halts in his tracks, points up and says Look at that! I was thinking that it was something really unusual and rare, so did everyone around us. But it turned out to be the fascination he had with the fact that the ceiling was retractable. It really, really reminded me of something my dad would do. I love BJ. He's amazing you know. That even when I ask him to go shopping with me he enjoys it by finding things he enjoys. He makes me smile so much.


Me at Temple Square
While we were there, we took a break just enjoying the water, the people, the plants. Then we noticed a jewelry store. He asked if I wanted to go inside to look at rings. I said, no. Why? Because it freaked me out. He told me though that he needed an idea of what to get me. So in we went. He received a bit of an idea of what I wanted. And then we hurried out the store, because I was hurrying out the door. At least we both got an idea of what I wanted.

After that adventure, we went over to Temple Square. A place I hadn't visited for years. It was gorgeous. One of the elderly sister missionaries working there thought we looked like such a perfect, cute couple and asked if we were married or engaged. We informed her that we weren't yet. Her husband said that BJ better get on top of that. Throughout the time we spent exploring Temple Square we kept running into them. They were so sweet to us. But Temple Square is a gorgeous place. I'm so glad we could go there and explore. It was beautiful.
Standing in front of the Salt Lake Temple
BJ standing in front of the Salt Lake Temple
Later that week, we visited a place called Adventure Park. When BJ was in elementary school, they asked all the children for ideas. BJ's ideas included a rocket, volcano, and dinosaur bones. So we went by the park to see these ideas that they put to use. It was pretty awesome.
Adventure Park with BJ showing me his ideas they used
Throughout this week we began making vague wedding plans. He received my dad's number so he could call. On Thursday night, on the way back from his place I was trying to help him out with figuring out what to say to my dad. I had no idea what my dad would say. None of his kids has ever dated anyone except for me, let alone get engaged. Well, it turned out he had already called! Totally surprised me.

When we arrived at my Aunt and Uncle's house, I was walking up to the door, like I had all the other nights, but BJ spun me back around, got on one knee. And I started freaking out. Oh my goodness. Oh my goodness. Ohmygoodness. Ohmygoodness. OhmygoodnessOhmygoodnessOhmygoodness. I was definitely calm and collected. HA! Ya. Right. I was mumbling the whole time. Honestly, I was bursting to say, yes. But I had to wait for the whole quarter of a second he took to ask the question. But I already knew my answer.

Yes.

And that's how I became engaged.

Previously: "Finally, Together"

2 comments:

  1. not that im stalking you or antyhing, haha. but that i kind of enjoy living vicariously through your stories.
    <3 Olivia Hua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Stalk me all you'd like. :D Thanks for such the great compliment though. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete