Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Back at School

I love college. I really do. When I was in elementary school, before the No Child Left Behind, I loved school. It was the best thing ever. I was always so excited for it.

After those early years, I lost it. Mostly because everything began to focus on tests, which I didn't think I ever did well at. Plus, it felt like I was never really learning anything. It sometimes seemed like a waste of time. I almost believe that 2 hours could be taken out of every school day because that's how much time was totally wasteful.

But since then, I'm in college and I get excited for the first time I have a class. It makes me so cheerful! I make new friends. I learn things that I never thought about. College really teaches you how to think. How to look at the world around you and figure out what you can do to influence it. I absolutely love college. I really do.


And BYU-Idaho is the school I love. The spirit of the school is very positive and I love how the students and faculty are so friendly. Total strangers can always be counted on to complement you or open the door for you or help you carry your things. Truly, it's the best.

I'm glad to be back.

(Plus the roommates are pretty awesome!)

1 comment:

  1. Oh! And how you wanted to make sense of those black shapes on the page!

    ReplyDelete