Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Jacob 4

"Nevertheless, the Lord God showeth us our weakness that we may know that it is by his grace, and his great condescensions unto the children of men, that we have power to do these things" (7).

Many times I don't want to know of my weaknesses. I'd rather be ignorant of them. However, it's not the smartest thing to do if you want to become better.

For example, if you were writing a paper and you gave it to someone to critic and edit it, wouldn't you like to have someone tell you what they liked, but also what you could do better to make it stronger or clearer?

Knowing what your weaknesses are helps you discover how you can develop them into strengths. We may think that a weakness is too large for us to overcome. Sometimes I look at my homework load and I just don't think I can get it done. I dispair. But there's something important to be learned. Our Heavenly Father can do anything. He can help us be inspired so that our homework may move more quickly. But we have to work. When we work as much as we can, when we give our all, our Savior can make up the difference. That's grace.

Don't dispare. Turn to God in prayer, asking for help, and continue working, knowing the Heavenly Father will do his best by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment