Thursday, January 5, 2012

FAML 160: Family Relations Blog

This week has been pretty crazy. Currently, I'm trying to get all of my homework done so that I have an open weekend. One of my classes is FAML 160: Family Relations. For it, I'm supposed to have a blog where I post at least one significant entry each week. According to the assignment, this will be a place where I will share my thoughts, observations, concerns, and impressions regarding readings and discussions in this course. It's to be a blog so that class members, family and friends can all read and learn and hopefully contribute. Off in my list of blogs, I'm to include the blogs of my classmates so that we (and you) can easily check in on, learn from, and contribute to further our learning.

Also in the assignment was a portion talking about how since the blog will have my thoughts, observations, concerns, and impressions regarding the class it will be a bit like a journal. It used a quote given by President Spencer W. Kimball which I think is appropriate anyways, as I've always loved journals:
"Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. There may be a flash of illumination here and a story of faithfulness there; you should truthfully record your real self and not what other people may see in you." ("The Angels may quote from it")
As a result of this assignment, since I already use this blog for pretty much everything, I'm using it for this class. I hope you learn as much as I do if not more. We'll learn together, you and I. This semester's going to be fantastical.

No comments:

Post a Comment