Friday, January 13, 2012

Mosiah 2

Here's a bit of wisdom King Benjamin shared with his people as he gave his last speech as king before handing over the reigns to his son Mosiah:
"When ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God" (Mosiah 2:17).
Elder Robert J. Whetten said:
“Conversion means consecrating your life to caring for and serving others who need your help and sharing your gifts and blessings. . . . 
“Every unselfish act of kindness and service increases your spirituality. God would use you to bless others. Your continued spiritual growth and eternal progress are very much wrapped up in your relationships—in how you treat others. Do you indeed love others and become a blessing in their lives? Isn’t the measure of the level of your conversion how you treat others? The person who does only those things in the Church that concern himself alone will never reach the goal of perfection. Service to others is what the gospel and exalted life are all about” (in Conference Report, Apr. 2005, 96; or Ensign, May 2005, 91). 
This is something I should constantly be improving on in life. I should serve everyone I come in contact with every day. Classmates, roommates, those I visit teach, my visiting teachers, my home teachers, etc. It will strengthen and deepen my relationships with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment