Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mosiah 13

"But I must fulfill the commandments wherewith God has commanded me"
(Mosiah 13:4, emphasis added).

I wish I had that sort of dedication. I must fulfill the commandments wherewith God has commanded me. There are so many things we have been told to do. "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matthew 22:37). "Love thy neighbor as thyself" (Matthew 22:39). We are asked to keep the Word of Wisdom (D&C 89). Today, prophets tell us a great many things we should be doing (General Conference). There's a huge list. But basically we are asked to be righteous.

I must fulfill the commandments wherewith God has commanded me. There are covenants we make throughout life: baptismal and temple. When we are extended a calling from God, we know what we should do for it through the resources and personal revelation.

I wish to have the dedication Abinadi has for his calling. For the commandments of God we've all been given. I wish to have such a great desire and understanding of eternal consequences to say, I must fulfill the commandments wherewith God has commanded me.

No comments:

Post a Comment