Monday, January 30, 2012

Mosiah 19

King Noah was an extremely selfish man. He avoiding being killed by saying he had to protect his people. But then he convinced everyone to run. Then when they ran, he convinced the fathers to leave their wives and children. Most of them choose to stay with their wives and children. I can only imagine the horror of the situation and the feelings of those families who fathers' ran to save their own lives. How can a person do that? Leave their families to what seems like certain death. Wouldn't you want to do all you can to protect your families? What cowards!

I expressed my frustrations with my roommates, and one of them said in all sarcasm, "My hero!"

Which I totally agree with. When those men killed King Noah, burned him, they came back to their families to see if they were alive. If they weren't, the men who abandoned them were bent on revenge. Probably because they couldn't face the truth in themselves. However, they discovered their families were alive.

But I wonder how those families received their fathers and their husbands. I would think it would be such a great hard thing to give forgiveness. My lesson here is on Forgiveness. Could I forgive? I may be able to forgive. But I'm not sure I'd forget. Especially as the people were given great burdens after and were forced to humility. And I bet it took a lot for those men to forgive themselves.

But it can be done. Through the Atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment