Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Supporting the Missionaries

I've mentioned it time and time again, but I love writing missionaries. I really hope that each of you write at least one missionary throughout his mission. Missionaries are special individuals who have been set apart for a period of time to share the Gospel. Receiving letters from missionaries picks up your spirit. They are so full of the gospel and they share their testimony with you and strengthen your own testimony.

I have a friend, Elder Ludwig, serving a mission in Japan who wrote me the following:
"I wish I could share with you all that I have learned and experienced on my mission. I think that would be impossible. I suppose the biggest thing would have to be love. I feel as though my capacity to love others, to show love, to be loved, and share it has grown dramatically. If only I could explain it. I have made eternal friends. I really, truly love my mission."
How can you not love missionaries? How can you not want to write them?

I'm keeping a blog for my brother, Elder Walker, and another of my friends, Elder Remington. (FYI, if you want to have a blog kept for your missionary, contact me). Then there is Elder Barton and Elder Burnham who have their own blog. I've also kept in touch and written all the missionaries that I know pretty well. It's so great to read what they write. They are always so spiritual. They are always learning. Always open to learning. I love writing them. Please, please write them. The missionary and yourself will be blessed. We are all to serve one another, and this is how I've best been able to serve and support our missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment