Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!!

I hope you are having a fabulous Christmas on this blessed Sabbath day. I truly love this day. I had no idea how excited I was for today until I tried to fall asleep. I always have some of the craziest dreams on Christmas Eve.
But before I tried to fall asleep last night, my family watched the short videos on the birth of Christ at The Life of Jesus Christ: Bible Videos. Highly recommend watching them. It certainly get's you in the right mood.

Today we received a quick call from my brother, Elder Walker, who's currently serving his mission in South Carolina Columbia Mission. He informed us that he'll Skype us later today. We are going to give him a tour of our remodeled house that will seem entirely new to him. It's exciting!

You know what's the best about being in a Single's Branch while I'm staying home? It's the fact that when Christmas happens to fall on Sunday they don't expect the majority of the young adults to attend the branch but rather attend their family's ward. As a result, the previous Sunday is the Christmas sacrament meeting. Where we sing and listen to a lot of carols and wonderful stories. It's perfect. Because the following week (ahem. Today), I get to go to church with my family in my home ward on Christmas and have a whole new Christmas sacrament meeting. It's excellent.

I really love Christmas.

I hope you each do too. Have a wonderful time with your families and friends. Enjoy the season. But remember what this day is truly about and it'll be that much better.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment